Chautauqua Area Habitat for Humanity announces the following cancellations and work plans as of March 18, 2020 as a result of the impact of Covid-19:
- Sponsor and individual fundraising campaign postponed indefinitely due to Corona Virus.
- Sponsors who have already donated funds will be featured all year on banners at each work site and at all CAHfH events and in all publicity.
- New sponsors will be solicited at a later date.
- “Raise the Roof” fundraiser at Chautauqua Suites planned for May 22 cancelled. The event will be rescheduled as soon as possible, and possibly not until 2021.
- ALL work at all 3 sites will cease immediately until at least April 25.
- Questions? Call or text 716-863-4475
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
- Founded in 1989
- An affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, an ecumenical Christian housing ministry
- A non-profit organization offering a hand up, not a hand out
- Home ownership created with 28 working families throughout Chautauqua County
- A 100% volunteer organization
Volunteers can make a difference! Individuals and groups are invited to donate their time and talents.
Homeowner Families, also known as family partners, are selected after an application process based on their need for decent housing, ability to pay an affordable mortgage and their willingness to partner with Habitat volunteers to work hundreds of hours, contributing “sweat equity” on a Habitat house.
APPLICATIONS FOR FUTURE HOMEOWNERS AVAILABLE NOW! Call Donna at 716-951-8111 for more details.